THE LEADING 2020 GLOBAL YOUTH REPORT OF CHANGE: ON
CLIMATE ACTIONS BY CLIMATE ACTION GROUP
#YearInReview 2020 has been a tough year for everyone around the world. We would like to express our heartfelt appreciations to all our partners for their contributions. Some of the key achievements recorded by the Climate Action Group include the following:
1. Organization of the Frist Africa Youth Climate Action Summit 2020, #AYCAS2020, the first of its kind in Nigeria, with the hope to receive delegates from more than 100 countries across the globe, but which could not hold due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
2. Organization of campaign on “Good Environmental Practices and Climate Change Awareness” for primary and secondary schools in more than 60 countries across the world.
3. Plan to raise one hundred million (100,000,000) seedlings to cover two hundred hectares of land in 50 cities globally, with a view to organizing a gigantic tree plantation campaign worldwide. This is part of the Organization's effort to mitigate the effect of
climate change around the world.
4. Organization of campaign on “Good Environmental Practices and Climate Change Awareness” through the social media handles.
5. Organization of nationwide awareness campaign on “Good Environmental Practices” tagged #EnvironmentalAwarenessCampaign, the first of its kind in Nigeria, with an audience of more than 40,000 primary school pupils.
6. Organization of national “Tree Planting Campaign” tagged #CAGTrees aimed at planting 1,000,000 trees in strategic locations throughout Nigeria to check desertification.
7. Provision of platform for the establishment of Environmental Conservation Clubs with the name “Climate Action Group” in selected primary and secondary schools in Nigeria, with a view to catching the children young and instilling environment concern into their
8. Organization of environmental waste recycling youth empowerment programme in Bauchi State, Nigeria, for 400 members tagged #ClimateAction and #CAGBauchi in 2019-2020.
9. Climate Action Group Sokoto in Collaboration with NEWMAP Sokoto planned to raise 2,000 tree seedlings in each of the 23 Local Governments of Sokoto State Nigeria.
planting of the trees began on 25/06/2020 in Yabo Local Government with 2,000 trees followed by 5,000 trees in Kalambaina new Housing Estate Sokoto on 01/07/2020.
10. Three (3) Webinars and 2 Programs were organized across the World to mark the World Environment Day 2020.
11. In Collaboration with the EHORECON (Federal Ministry of Environment) we participated in the surveillance exercise aimed at containing the spread of COVID-19 amongst Secondary School students writing their final year SSCE examinations at 19, 000 WAEC examination centers throughout Nigeria.
12. In Collaboration with the EHORECON (Federal Ministry of Environment) we participated in the safe reopening of Schools and Learning Facilities surveillance exercise aimed at containing the spread of COVID-19 amongst students were over 10,000 Climate Action Group's members are working in 36 States of Nigeria including
FCT Abuja to see the level of compliance with Presidential Task Force (PTF) directives.
13. Sensitized and empowered over 250 women on modern way of waste disposal from CLIMATE ACTION GROUP GOMBE STATE NIGERIA on 7 November 2020, tagged CAG Youth Empowerment.
14. Climate Action Group Kisumu Kenya, organized a Training Workshop on Environmental, Wildlife, Water and Climate Change conservation to Over 40 persons.
15. Organized Joint international webinar on plastic pollution, in Conjunctions with UNIVERSITI OF TUN HUSSEIN ONN, MALAYSIA & IMPACT YOUTH SUSTAINABILITY – INDIA & NEPAL on 6 December 2020.
16. Climate Action Group FCT Abuja Nigeria Organized Tree Planting Challenge in Collaboration with Global Sharpers Abuja where 500 trees were on the street side of Airport Road, Lugbe, Abuja Nigeria, tagged CLIMATE ACTION GROUP GREEN, CLEAN, AND HABITAT DAY.
17. Climate Action Group Team Celebrated the World Clean up day 2020 were 18 Programs were organized across the World.
18. Two (2) Webinars and 10 Programs were organized across the World to mark the United Nations World Habitat Day 2020. These were: GREEN, CLEAN AND HABITAT DAY and Awareness Campaign on URBAN FUTURE jointly organized with Youth for Agri, GROUP OF AGRICULTURE AND VETERINARY STUDENTS (GAVS, Sindhuli), Hult Prize at HICAST, Hult Prize at IOE Purwanchal Campus and Pokhara Research Centre held on 10th October 2020.
19. CAG Jigawa State Nigeria tree plantation across the 27 Local Government Areas of the State in conjunction with Jigawa State Ministry of Environment.
20. Organizeg a Clean-up Service at the Mile 17 Motto Park Buea-Cameroon in partnership with the National Volunteering Programme (NVP) South West Region on 14 th December 2020.
21. Climate Action Group Ogun State Nigeria organized Seminar Online (WhatsApp) with the theme: REDUCE REUSE RECYCLE with over 40 participants held on 12 December, 2020.
22. Climate Action Group Senegal Embarked on Weekly WhatsApp online Seminar on Climate Change.
23. Organized Environmental Icons Awards by Climate Action Group Ogun State Nigeria nominated for Outstanding contribution to Humanity, Observed the World Clean Up Day 2020.
24. Climate Action Group Gambia in collaboration with the Gunjur Youth Movement, on 22 nd August 2020 conducted a community tree planting exercise that was graced by youths from various walks of life. Different species of native plants were planted in an
extensive piece of land, covering the grand Gunjur mosque, as well as the beach.
25. Climate Action Group Joined collaborations of the WE ARE ONE International Tree Plantation 2020.
26. Climate Action Group Ethiopia Conducted surveillance exercise for the safe reopening of schools with #Afder zone administration. The Exercise was meant to ensure that laid own protocols of COVID-19 were strictly adhered to with a view to containing the spread of the disease among schools students.
The CEO of CAG; Abdulhamid Tahir Hamid disclosed that Climate change has become a major challenge globally. Furthermore CAG does more than just tree planatation, as CAG is changing the lives of millions of people in the world through creating environmental awareness and youth empowerment. This will not only help to reduce climate change but would also create thousands of jobs along the way, help communities to be more resilient and reduce forced migration. It also makes a vital contribution to the UN Sustainable
Development Goals with a view to achieving a more equitable and sustainable world by 2030 attached with Paris Agreement (NDC)
Also the CEO Call for Donations and Innovative ideas to support the Organization. CAG has three Upcoming Laudable Projects:
(i) Organization of the First Africa Youth Climate Action Summit #AYCAS, the first of its kind in Nigeria, with the hope to receive delegates from more than 100 countries across the globe.
(ii) Plan to raise one hundred million (100,000,000) seedlings to cover two hundred hectares of land in 120 cities globally, with a view to organizing a gigantic tree plantation campaign worldwide. This is part of the Organization's effort to mitigate the
effect of climate change around the world. Under the Forthcoming Newly Coalitions Climate Activist with target of 100 Associates Groups.
(iii) CAG plans to train at least 3000 more members globally for Youth Empowerment on Climate Action.
The Objectives of the Project include the following:
(i) To sensitize communities at various levels on the need for tree planting and effective environmental management.
(ii) To protect endangered species with a view to achieving sustainable environment development.
(iii) To promote the establishment of environmental, herbal and bio-diversity gardens across the globe.
(iv) To encourage members of the public to imbibe the spirit of responsible environmental usage to protect the ecosystem.
Mr. Abdulhamid, disclosed that Given the Current Status of the Organization Existences in Over 86 Countries around the world and become leading achievable organization, and We Projected in new Partnerships with other International Associations Tagged: “Global Climate Action Groups”
Finally, he expresses his appreciation to the entire teams of the Organization for tirelessly working to ensure that the Initiative was a success and encouraged them to get more involved
in climate action related activities, as it is a noble task that requires not only desire but great
Thank you all.