By Abdulhamid Tahir Hamid
Post-COP26 Youth Conference in Nigeria’s North West Zone.
The UN Information Center Nigeria, in collaboration with the GECCI, hosted the Conference at the Sir Ahmad Bello Hall Dutse, Jigawa State, Nigeria. On January 31, 2022,
Prof. Aliyu Salisu Barau, Director of West African Hub Urban Climate Change research Network, delivered a keynote speech and programs such as panelist discussions and question-and-answer sessions. Theme: COP26 Outcome: Where Do We Go From Here?
The Jigawa State Ministry of Environment delegates and government officials, as well as young advocates, entrepreneurs, researchers, students, academia, CSOs, NGOs, and other change-makers, attended the conference. including leading experts who attended COP26 in person.
OBJECTIVES AND EXPECTED RESULT:
– To gain a better understanding of the COP26 outcome and what it means for Nigeria’s climate policy and economic development.
– A roadmap for the domestication of the outcome of COP26¬
– Empowering youth to explore innovative ideas to tackle development challenges.
– Creating an Opportunity for Joint Reflection of Key Stakeholders and Experts on the Outcome of COP26 and the Implications for Nigeria.
– Providing youth with the tools to build and engage in impactful projects.
– Identifying interest in and opportunities for capacity development, partnerships, and further action.
We would also like to sincerely thank the organizers of the conference, and in particular, the GECCI North West Deputy Director Amb Shamsudeen Sani Kandi Our Able Director Nasir Tafida and other team, for organizing this Conference SO PERFECTLY.
Team from North West zone Jigawa Kano Katsina Kaduna Kebbi Sokoto and Zamfara we are very greatful
Thank you very much.
Write and Report by the Abdulhamid Tahir Hamid CEO of GECCI